Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blog #8

I chose the book What's Happening to Grandpa? because both the story and the illustrations caught my attention. It also seemed really interesting to read. The controversial topic that it covers is illness, and there is a certain extent that I believe that children should/shouldn't read at a certain age. Grandparents are usually always there for their grandchildren and throughout the years, grandparents are like the child's best friend. I can relate to this book because I used to volunteer at an Alzheimer's home, and it was sad to see these grandparents read their grandchildren's letters and they don't remember who they are.

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent topic because so many children lose thier grandparents young. This book well help children grow and learn about life which is not always roses.

    ReplyDelete